Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to Tarter (Carter)

Happy Birthday to my most favorite 7 year old!!!

I remember when I was pregnant with Mason and he wanted to name him Watermelon. Carter and Mason have been like best friends from the moment Carter first started talking to Missa's big tummy. I felt Mason move the first time after I had been chasing Carter around and laid down on the floor to let him climb on me. (really to take a break.) And while laying down on my back I felt what felt like a fish flopping. I am so happy to have Carter be a part of one of my most favorite memories.
He's always been one of the boy's. He fits in quite well. We sure love our Carter.





One of Carter's favorite things has always been to play dress up and pretend. I loved listening to the things he would come up with. He's an amazing kid. With no lack of imagination.

This kid has had a special place in my heart from the day I met him. Carter is Matt's brother Joel's little boy. When I first met him he was 10 months old. He was the first one to start the aunt "Missa" trend. Before we had kids and even got pregnant I loved having him around. We've had many sleepovers and spent a lot of time together. I sure miss him. He's growing up and it's not cool to have a favorite Missa anymore. But I do sneak a cuddle or a hug in every now and than.

I can't believe he's half way through the first grade and already 7. Seems like just yesterday he was running around my house just like one of my boys. Makes me tear up to think of those days. Now instead of me reading to him, he's reading to the boys. It's awesome to see how much he's learned and grown.



No comments:

Post a Comment