As we were reading in the Book Of Mormon the other night, in Helaman chapter 8, one of the verses kind of sparked a little discussion among the boys and I. It said, "Lay up your treasures in heaven." (That's not an exact quote of the scripture reference. But that phrase stuck out.) Being boys the word TREASURE really excited them. Mason said, "mom what kind of treasure are they talking about?" I think they were all thinking pirates, gold and X marks the spot. I tried to explain to them that treasure isn't always buried chests of silver and gold. But this treasure that they are talking about, is our "heavenly treasures" the things that we can take with us when we pass away. Like our memories, our knowledge, our testimony and our family. I think they kind of understood a little of what I was saying. Maybe they were a little disappointed that the story wasn't going to be about pirate adventures. But it gave me something to think about and ponder on my own.
I have been sitting on this post for a few days and I thought this was a good time to post this. Everyone is posting about what they are thankful for. This being the season of Thanksgiving. So I thought I would share some of my most precious Treasures instead. (And sneak in a few of our Family Pics. that we had taken by Captured by AmyLee.)
I am thankful for big messes. Especially those created by the cutest Master of Disaster I know.
Tender Hearts and endless love for each other. My boys sure do love each other. We definitely have built in best friends around here.
Our good health and endless amounts of energy. Someone always has enough to go around. If only they could share it with me. But they keep me active and on my toes.
My heart has a very special place for this guy. I sure love him. He is my best friend, my biggest support, and the one I want to spend eternity with. He's my favorite everything. And he's pretty dang handsome if I do say so myself. :)
The cutest and greatest boys I could ever of asked for. My heart bursts with love for these boys.
Chaos... Come what may and love it and learn something along the way.
Temple blessings. I treasure my knowledge of the blessings of the temple and the symbol that Families can be together forever.
Last but not least I am thankful for my responsibilities to teach my family and learn for myself the important things of life such as gratitude. My life is full of many blessings and I could go on and on and list all my blessings I am blessed with everyday. I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I am so thankful for all my treasures in my life.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment