Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Birthday Girl

It's been a while since I last posted. Matt told me the other day that he missed my blog posts and told me to start blogging again. That of course made me feel good and here I am blogging. 
Last week Matt took the whole week off and told me he wanted to celebrate the whole week for my birthday. He's so sweet and never lacks in the spoil your wife department. 
The Friday before my birthday I was invited to attend a girl's night retreat with some of my favorite ladies from our old ward. It was awesome as usual. I'm pretty sure I got maybe an 1 1/2 hours of sleep that night. But it was so worth it. I love those ladies and I am so blessed to call them all my friends. 
Came home Saturday and somehow I was able to function without being grumpy and I had an amazingly fun day with my boys. We took the boys to their first Jazz game and they loved it. They sat and cheered and watched everything going on and had a good time. I love when we are able to do things like that out of the norm and make awesome memories. 
All week Matt worked on projects around the house and he focused on helping me get pictures hung and anything else I needed help with. Like conquering the laundry! 
The boys were out of school on my birthday. Which is my favorite. Matt helped them make me breakfast in bed and I was showered with all sorts of cards and pictures. Matt also surprised me with tickets to the Piano Guys Christmas concert!! I am so excited. See I told you he loves me. 
We took the boys to the zoo and played all day. It was such a fun day. 
I told my mom all I wanted for my birthday was to hang out with her and have fun. Saturday we ran away kid free we got to go get pedicures. It was so nice. I even ended up with candy corn toe nails. 
All in all I had a fabulous birthday. I loved all the cards and Facebook birthday wishes. I love my family and friends. Honestly I am one very spoiled girl. It feels good to be loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment