One of the joys that comes with being a new mom is the gift of no sleep. Or for some (the lucky ones) very little sleep.
When I was younger I was not a very good sleeper. It took me forever to fall asleep and quite often I would end up in my parents bed. Hence the reason my children have such wonderful sleeping habits. My mom in desperation once I started to understand time, taught me to count the hours I would be sleeping if I were to fall asleep at such and such time. The idea came after reading or seeing some article about how much sleep should you child be getting. Well I knew that I should be getting at least 8 hours of sleep. As I would lay there and look at the clock I would count over and over in my head and calculate how much sleep I wasn't going to be getting. It worked when I was very young but once I got into my teen years and I liked sleep it would haunt me because I knew I would be tired the next day if I didn't go to sleep soon.
So to make a long story short. I am the kind of person that values my sleep. I have always been this way. But being a mom has caused me to get used to living on as little sleep as I can possibly get.
I made the mistake when Mason was a baby of letting him sleep in our bed. Well he's very rarely goes a night without ending up in my bed to this day. And with Mattix I felt bad making him sleep in his room by himself so he is now worse than Mason. Now poor Manning doesn't stand a chance I would like to keep him in his own bed as long as possible. As a result it causes our house to experience some very long nights. I have gotten to the point over the past 2 and a half weeks of being able to sleep in any position. I have gone as far as falling asleep sitting straight up with my legs crossed. (I am going to have some severe back and neck issues soon)
I've been watching many episodes of SuperNanny in hopes that I can pick up some pointers and when I start feeling up to it. I am planning an attack with my new found knowlege. Wish me luck. We'll see how it goes. I'd like to get my bed back one day, maybe a little more sleep, and the opportuntiy to lay next to my husband and not have little feet in my back or someone pulling my hair on the other side of me. Maybe for Christmas I'll ask Santa for my own SuperNanny.
No comments:
Post a Comment